Strategies & Thematic Areas
In accordance with the objectives of the UN Women flagship programme “Making Every Woman and Gril Count”, as well as with the agreement signed with the Mexico’s Government, the CEGS plays a key role in the implementation of three programmatic strategies:
Photograph of: ©UN Women/Rosendo Quintos
1. Collaboration and access to technical expertise.
2. Creation of multidisciplinary networks, knowledge generation, diffusion and sharing.
3. Develop an innovation lab and emerging areas of gender statistics.
The CEGS is working on the development of methodologies that add value to the generation of statistics in the following thematic areas:
Photograph of: ©UN Women/Ryan Brown
1. Measurement of different forms of violence against women and girls, particularly its most severe forms of gender-related killing of women and girls (feminicide/femicide).
2. Measurement of unpaid care and domestic work.
3. Gender and geospatial analysis.